The premise is simple, someone told me I couldn't write a static site generator using bash builtins and gawk. I used pandoc to parse markup files so the content type is agnostic. In theory any markup parser can be subbed in with minimal effort.
I designed it to work ideally with small blogs/websites or single service sites.
I pulled a few outside resources in for compression and minifcation but these are TOTALLY OPTIONALLY.
- Forgiving file metadata parser
- Auto blogroll indexer
- Folder/file excludes
- Make like file building, prevents duplicate work
- Sitemap and robots.txt generator with folder excludes
- Publish mode for output minification and photo compression
- Incredibly easy to hack and modify
The project source for kackle on Github.